SELF USA, A Non-profit Organization
Special Notice: Please help us support the Autism Awareness Month in April
by reviewing their Link: Austismspeaks.org
Note: Employers call to discuss employment possibilities& benefits@ 313.244-9765
SELF USA, a leading non-profit organization for girls, We are committed to inspiring our members to become motivated, empowered, and effective leaders. Our Mission is to assist each of our members with diverse backgrounds and universal cultures in achieving goals and enhancing their quality of life,while building their self-worth. Our Goal is to remove all those barriers and limitations that undermine or underscore any girls ability to "excel". Girls are our most important investment, their economic development; as well as their social skills are key to empowering their life skills and building potential leadership.
We're committed to aspiring and supporting our girls to become illuminated to positive role models and professional women, to aid in their life choices and social changes.
SELF USA, has developed and implemented immeasurable fundamentals of social networking and life-skills that will give surety to all of SELF USA members well-beings are victorious. We continue to develop ways of improving many social issues that effect girls today through our program
initiatives in various of ethnicity including vesting in their economic and social opportunities.
SELF USA, collaboration with other educators and advisers has proved to be very effective in providing resources in areas of support services and influential in planning life-long goals.
Through strategic- planning, educational support, and key programs SELF USA is designed to unleash each girls full potential.
Our alliance with many partners via our mentoring and networking outlets will give our girls the support, encouragement, and empowerment needed to secure their long-term goals.
S. E. L. F. USA (United Service Alliance),
Will provide aid in structuring and shaping approximately 1800 Urban and Suburban Girls; partnering with Elementary, Middle, High Schools & Colleges. We remain actively involved in various Communities and Organizations, volunteering and mentoring; encouraging, empowering as well as incorporating positive outcomes and input in Girls lives "Continuously".
SELF USA #1 Mission
Our Mission is to assist and provide young girls, teenagers and young women with the tools necessary to build and maintain positive self-esteem, while empowering them to become tomorrow leaders. Providing and empowering them with effective listening skills and problem-solving skills,
via coaches and mentors, that include supportive programs and resources needed to impact all girls full potential.
SELF USA's educational outlets partner and link other services that educate and provide services to Girls in variety of areas such as:
Social Networking & Communication
- Health(including their own, e.g. knowing the simple things...)
- Higher Learning, "Where I go from here?"
- Exploring other learning opportunities, e.g. Trade
- Social and Economic development
- Choices and Diversity
- Basic Needs
- Re-invest in the Arts, Music, Fashion and Cultural Awareness
1. Is a proud to announce their pioneering leadership planning, development and philanthropic
2. Our network of Supporters and Professional Women mentor and provides career shallowing.
3. Teaches elementary, middle school and high school girl’s leadership, empowerment, social skills,
community service, gender issues, compassion and grant making skills.
We provide members and some non-members an opportunity to impact communities with development workshops, entrepreneurship that empowers “How to Clinics” on decision-making in the grant making process.
The Question: What does it mean? Answer: Simply SELF!
SELFthe Mirror of Me!
Self-esteem, Self-worth, Self-reliant, Self-image...
Empowerment, Enrichment, Entrepreneurship
Leadership, Loyalty, Listening- skills
Fundamentals, Futures, Friendship, Female mentors
What does SELF USA Do?
Empowers via networking with Professional Leadership; These Leaders offers Guides with Strong Mentoring and Supportive Services Programs, while offering Girls the social skills needed to build Success!
We have implemented a variety of tools to set the tone for social interaction, drawing a action network that includes a diverse culture.
- Monthly Newsletter, including input from varies school (we enlist school reporter)
- A social setting for Girls to talk to Girls about many of the issues their having to deal with day to day...Open Topics promoting effective communication!
- Social History, Foods, Ethical Issues, Fun & More
- Higher learning Seminars & Workshops; How to Clinics; Shadowing; Internship; Volunteerism; Social Networking , Workshops on Bulling!
- Art, Crafting, Designs, Fashion, Styles
- FUN! Social Network, Gathering and Seminars on topics that effect Girls of all ages; our groups' topics are age appropriate and overseen by staff.
SELF USA, services these communities, city by city, state to state...
Michigan; Chicago; New York & Los Angeles
In 2004, SELF USA developed and implemented a call to action plan, that resulted in over 186 professional women from 53 different careers to enlist in our programs. Offering special support that Empower and Enhance our Daughters leadership skills.
- Their support has resulted in 88% of our girls and young women successfully completing each programs and leadership workshops.
- "Call to Action" outreach program is built to assist and enrich the core values of each girls creative process by identify their challenges and objectives:
- We then assign each girl with a professional mentoring TEAM to oversee and coach them though each program (team of 10 to 15 girls with the same or different cultures and/or interests) effectively.
- By collaborating with elementary, middle, high schools and colleges in a combine effort to connect our girls with education and life-skill tools that empower their "Self-esteem & Success".
Reach out and Touch: Hands-On Projects
Our Network is Designed to mix cultural diversity with various social network:
Linking Hands Programs (variety of cultures coming together)
Resources Together for Success
Girl's of Colors (i.e. White, Black, Brown etc...)
Social Networking/Social ClubAges 7-13, 14-18, 19-28 Groups
STOP! Bullying Workshops/Seminars Available (Teen, Tween)
Speaker Bureau (Request A Speaker)
Government Policy on Bully in School
Educational Workshops on Issues Students are face with
Forum on Higher Learning (Guest Speakers & Supporters)
Workshop on Social Internet Networking
Workshop & Seminars on "When No Is Not Enough!
Cooking & Art Workshops
Entrepreneurship Workshops & Seminars
Teen & Young Women (Meet & Greet) Cultural Summits
Internship Opportunities; Placement & Seminars
Cry Tomorrow! Positive Outreach Seminars & Workshops":
Building for an Successful Outcome (2012-13)
Women to Women Summit (October 2012 & November 2012)
Cooking as a Art & The Simple Art of Cooking (classes start 9/15-10/3/12
Mother/Daughters Day Out (every other Saturday)
The Art of Networking (varies age groups)
Mothers & Daughter's
- Building Mother-daughter Relationships
- Young adults Life-skills Programs
- Women & Girls Life-skills Projects (Relationship,Careers & Family)
- Building Success
- Girls & Woman Day Out
- Take your daughter/or a daughter to lunch
- A cup of Tea & Shop (the art of shopping)
- Treat a girl and her friends out (social networking)
- Book Club Meet
- Theater Workshop
- Art & Craft Workshop
- Math & Science (Women Leaders & in Leadership roles)
- Empowerment (Self-esteem)
All available dates are listing via 81 N Saginaw @ the Marketplace
GIRLS CONNECTING with LEADERSHIP SKILLS
Empowering their Future with Social Skills that includes:
- Theater, Performing Art
- Music, Poetry
- Painting, Drawing
- Doll-making Classes
- Attending Workshops & Seminars
- Tea Parties
- Reading Rainbow Book Club
- Mother & Daughter Day
- Girls Day Out
- Dolly & Me Outing (American Girls Dolls, Baby Dolls & Barbie)
- Fashion Awareness
- Cooking Classes (girls 6-32) groups are welcome
- Cultures Awareness
GIRLS, YOUNG WOMEN of all ages: Workshops & Seminars
LEADERSHIP & EMPOWERMENT NETWORK:
Social Networking Club (all ages)
Latest News that affect today's issues and current events
- Fashion Reports, Art, Science, Social Networking , Financial & Educational concerns
- School Updates & Reports; What happening@your school
- The Twitter Reports & Updates
OUR PROGRAM GOALS:
- To promote universal change with the intent to develop each girl’s potential and capacity of for empowering tomorrow leaders.
- To mentor, support and coach a new generation of young women with the tools needed for a positive outcome in leadership skills and altruistic accomplishments.
- To provide a supportive collaborate network of services designed especially for girls.
Workshops & Seminars, Age FocusMischievous BehaviorReading, Science & MathArt, Theater and Pottery Classes
SELF USA Marketplace
Our Market is Now Open! "It's a must see...Must Shop!"
SELF USA 'The Market Place' in Pontiac
A 1876 Building made into a 3 Level 2010 Loft.
Hosting a Variety of Shops & Social Events Housing over 25 Shops (Hi-Fashions, Unique & Whimsical items from New York, Chicago and Paris) Antique & Vintage Decor home items, Collectibles Odds & Ends POSH & Juicy fashions, including varies of runway collections from Fashion weeks (i,e, New York, LA, Chicago), Handmade/Hand-painted items. Unique purses and handbags, sweaters & more...
Retail Space part of our financial support network:Handmade Items
SELF USA Market Place"
VISIT OUR MARKET PLACE SITE:For Party & Events Planning
NOW OPEN! In the Merchant District downtown Pontiac
SELF USA Market Place
Shop at our Market Place
Unique Fashions & Lots MORE!!
SELF USA, Marketing Promo by The Hall Group Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014, All Rights Reserved SELF USA